What are the adventurer bonuses

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Reliquaries of the Labyrinth and God node?

A reliquary is a container for relics. So does that mean it already has some? Or it is a place to store them after they are found? Or did Aleron come up with something completely different?

God node: I have 2 theories. First it could be a node that leads to where the banished gods are. Second it allows for transport between any nodes as long as one party member has touched said nodes. Example would be once Randy finds the node road from Richters dungeon to the dungeon in Yves he could then take Richter to those locations even though he had not been there before. After that Richter would be able to take merchants and so forth.

2tymes likes this.
  2. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Reliquaries are just the proper name for loot balls to my understanding. So he’ll he getting reliquaries created by, or the quality of the labyrinth. My guess on the god node is if the labyrinth extends the length of the universe, then maybe the god node connects worlds, realms? Which makes me wonder what types of ambient mana is gonna be funneled in.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Planar magics?

2tymes and Joe Schmoe like this.
  4. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mist villagers will now be dealing with theor lords grand chaotic gradient AND random teleportation while roaming inside of the village boundary.

5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, but there's no place like home

6. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm wondering what will happen to the villagers, resources and monsters in the area with the increased mana. In the epilog, there's a monster evolving. I wonder if even something like a elemantim deposit may develop if the ambient mana gets large enough. Hopefully the villagers also evolve accordingly. That would be sick.

7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The villagers will evolve if they get to a high enough level or they consume enough quickening fruit. Monsters seem to be able to level/ evolve off of ambient mana somehow.

Cire122 likes this.
  8. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it maybe possible that higher ambient mana might cause new borns to have more powerful abilities.

Johan likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think newborns in the land normally have abilities? They have racial traits though. Hmm. Guess those could be strengthened, but it doesn't seem like the obvious place to go. The big advantage of awakening the powers were a bunch of bonuses, one of which is the increased ambient mana. Thats only a drawback because the surrounding lands have not been pacified, if the number of monsters/ beasts was minimal there would be no influx, nor would they be evolving all over the place.

10. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No not normally but i seem to recall that one way to gain abilities was through birth. Due to that i believe it is likely that higher mana would cause more ppl born with abilities, or more powerful versions. That is really the only way i can currently see high mana effecting the sentient races, aside from affinities.

11. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Terrod was born with his ability I believe. It would also be hard to gain limitless besides it being gifted, but getting it at birth is a way around that. Bloodline abilities could come about too.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he earned it/ unlocked it somehow.

13. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A new poll! lol

Dragon likes this.
  14. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought increased ambient mana increased magical affinity which is extremely rare. That plus quickening would make the MV a mage hub.

15. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bill - "Fred you smell like $h!T, what happened?"

Fred - "Well Bill, I was on my way to the latrine and next thing I knew I was standing in the middle of the meadow. I really had to go, so I started high-tailing it down to the latrine again, but right as I was reaching for the door I suddenly appeared at the edge of the village wall. Then a giant duck bunny leapt out at me! I thought I was gonna die, never ran so hard in my life. That, is why I smell like this!"

Bill - "Ohh, that makes sense. Same thing happened to me last week, except it was a manbearpig instead of a duck bunny."

Johan likes this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Future generations have increased affinity for the four powers, but not due to ambient mana as I recall it, All life mages got a major boost to life magic when they built the house of healing level 3, which while great for those with maxed out affinity was far more significant for healers with lower affinities (they could now reach 10-20 levels higher eventually, thereas Sumiko gained a few levels immidiately).