What is happening in the village?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ...While back in the MV, everyone is celebrating without Richtær. Getting drunk and making babies while Richtær is dieing of thirst. There are the few sobbing because their friends didn't make it back and the body was consumed/incinerated. Elora is shoving her crazed kids into trees, while the others shit in the party goers drinks.

Then the place is fully unlocked and awakened. The Healing Center got a bump. Now that dark and water are unlocked...the bat roost had a connection with the dark Lee Line. Because government is just an illusion of control, the Goblinhold finds a connection with water magic.

Mana seepage increases and a bunch of new herbs are found in the field. With a significant boost to The Quickening, though not enough to level it. The mist root was picked was also harvested in the night.

Richtær has fulfilled one of the motivations of the Dungeon, but no reward. We get a slight increase in the magic motivation from every magyk represented in that blast.

The Skath have been fed again, and chopper has a new attack "hump". The twins are training it now for Richtær to use in bed on himself.

The order of the white traders have arrived just in time and are enjoying the new village while they await a meeting with Richtær. The have brought with them many goodies, plus their sister to start an Outpost.

They arrive to see hundreds of new mist workers, summoned by Alma, cutting the side off the hill around the village. It is like the sorcerer's apprentice going to town.
    [​IMG]

Then we have the ship that was completed under an auspicious time of the light of aquel or celean. Sion gave the elf a water dancer soul stone.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    you might be onto something he bilbo... (to whomever it may concern)

But the attack though suicidal might have been to some extent a calculated rick.. hence ressurection of the dead.
    Hisako & sumiko can revive the dead.. so probably not so many have died..

3. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So Bugbear scouts can't get into the village via the main entrance. They keep going through the Dungeon looking for other villagers but, the dungeon is instanced before it should be. They reach the third door, the one leading to the catacombs and the chapel. They take the stairs leading up up up to the Keep. They look around for someone to kidnap or question and kill.

Oh look at this old man that is level...19 wow. No profession, but looks to be a Chamberlain or Lord/Royal. Let's just close the door and ask this old man a few questions...

After an few hours the Bugbear is near death having spilled every secret he knew. The would be assassin is kept alive only to keep a certain Dragonet mollified. A war council is called with Hisako, Sion, and Yoshi.

The sprites are familiar with bugbears skirmishes. They have never needed the mist to help them, and do not need it now. Plans are made, and Yoshi will show them what 10,000 war points in 2 weeks can purchase, at the journey rank "Battle Leader", with a thousand fighters max under his umbra,

1. Novice, Strike Leader, 0.5K?
    2. Initiate, Battle Sergeant, 1.0K
    3. Apprentice, Battle Captain, 2.5K
    4. Journeyman, Battle Leader, 5.0K?
    5. Adept, War Leader, 10K?
    6. masters, Battle Lords. 35K?

The Chamberlain walks out of the cave and into the village dreading the meeting to come. He find the Engineers together eating breakfast, and talking about how they wish to follow their own designs, not the ones prescribed for them by The Land. Ran'dolphinius says to the schizo gnome and the others that we are to commence the public works project to chop off the hill. To Randy's amazement the gnome pulls out a massive binder from nowhere he could see. How did she keep that binder secret, keep it safe, while a slave? She says because the mist workers don't count towards the work party size, the completion date will depend on how many mist workers they can have. Randy assures them the a smile Dragonet will be producing as many as possible to defend help defend her home. He is still amazed she now has double his own wisdom stat.

He now heads towards the new barracks, thankful that it is a fortified building, but thinking it probably won't matter. This is going to take a miracle to pull off. He finds terrod at the field inspecting the new squads. The pixies have become assassin quads to Randy's understanding. The four types of pixies three come at the victim at the same time. Dark's blast blinds, Water's attack slows, Air's strike stuns. With the victim incapacitated, Life come in with the sacrifice blade and slits the throat. This squad will come in handy in the days to come. As he walks over to terrod, he again thinks the man needs to go back to bar tending and convey information to me in the spy network. Sion said the Caulders bones were ripped from his bones and attacked them. Such a waste of good character.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  4. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    After leaving terrod to his work, Randy ventured over to the new house of healing. The structure will be sorely needed in the days to come. He finds the true sprite heranging the lieutenants still in bed. He hopes to never need to feel her boney pointed fingers jab at him. After a steely expression from Sumiko to the news, she turns around and yells at him she needs to prepare. As he leaves he can hear her say to the students, "today we are going to learn the spell 'Charm'".

5. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What should be happening is Skaths fed next round of spider eggs(mentioned is other post), building of more long houses(winter is coming), major training of troops(we have lvl 3 barracks now), finishing of the boat, the trader coming back, the Abbas brothers coming back, the "mama" caravan(should arrive safe due to due with Nexus), Randy developing spies, Sion and Terrod going for professions(remember they get quest xp from Richter if he went up 5 lvl's and he was above 40 they should have gone up 8 or so)They can go now that they know Richter is alive...Randy and Hisako can handle things, level 2 of the mine should be cleared, they should crank out potions, Krom should stockpile weapons just before finish for Richter to enchant(yes Gloran can do some but no where near as well as Richter), they should be stock piling filled soul stones.

Well that was a lot.

6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They should also check to see if any other Villagers, Sprites and ex-Slaves have an enough Affinity to Learn Enchanting.

7. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lots of new ore in mine...concentrated crystal ...darkstone...the dwarves will freak!!!

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Only small amounts, unless it regenerates over time.

9. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It probably can, but mostly very, very, very slowly, and most likely only after it has been left alone/untouched and probably with no sentient presence around it for a long time.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds about right. Unless Mines are speciial.

I wonder how many levels the Mine has?

11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Im gonna go with 7 levels

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  12. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    20.1 tons times 1% is 402 lbs. What an ingot weight? 20lbs? 50lbs? Even at 50 that's 8 ingots. Not a lot but enough to make something and sacrifice to the well of offering. Also we do not know if the quickening percentage will apply.

13. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Who cares? The dungeon is growing and currently has what 40% resource generation more likely? That and the ambient mana is way up and they have barely explored the area. I'll go on record they will either find ore in the mine(which will regenerate faster) or another mine within Richters lands.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If I had the choice between mining in the dungeon which is a highrisk environment and some cavern/ mine with the same types of ore, the lowrisk option wins out every time. I think the same would be true for residents of the land. Besides, you would most likely need an entire party to shield one or two miners as they fill bags of holding, thereas in a mine you would be able to set up minecarts (of holding? aka carts that are larger on the inside and reduce weight). Far more effective way of transporting resources.

15. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And if it was darkstone? Especially if it was in a larger quantities than the mine? Just try to keep Krom and co out once they find out. Heck you would have almost every dwarf within a hundred miles coming to the area. Now that I think of it that might be a way the dwarves come to help the mv. Dungeon access is something the Hisako said she would pay much for....Why wouldn't the dwarves? Especially if they know there is the possibility of level 2 metal.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If I could get darkstone from the high-risk dungeon or get the same ore from the low-risk mine, I'd go for the mine even if it was slightly more costly. That's basic business, minimize risk for maximum benefit.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some dwarves will undoubtedly come, but for most smiths such highlevel metals are less usable than common iron/ steel due to the high requirements to forge it. The same is true for the clans, few of their warriors could wield darkstone weaponry and armor effectively, as we saw with Richter's blade the requirement to use it are quite high. The clans also need to hold onto their own territories and resources.

I could see an influx of lowlevel clan members and independent dwarves once word spreads of the forge, the tolerance of the village and the uninhabited mountains behind the village. I doubt entire clans will move, nor do I think their highlevel crafters will just be allowed to leave for a different faction.

18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    After the first batch of dark stone is mined out of the ...mine, there is little reason to keep in the low risk mine, unless you want the other minerals. The other ones will need to be mined to sacrifice to the Dungeon. So after than, the mine will be the only place to obtain quantities of darkstone.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you mean the dungeon will be the only place to obtain quantities of darkstone? That is absolutely true, at least for now. Maybe something exciting awaits Richter on the lower levels of the Mine.

We have no idea whether the dungeon will grow darkstone before it reaches a far higher level, how rare such nodes will be, how high the mining skill will have to be or how strong the defense (monsters, traps, etc.) of such mining nodes will be. If Aleron makes darkstone reasonably expensive for the dungeon to generate, it could take a long time before it starts popping up regularly.

Basically, high-level metals will remain rare and impossible to mine for the majority of miners. It will be impossible for the majority of smiths to forge into something useful. Finally, most villagers won't be able to use it, the requirements are too high.

Iron, on the other hand, can be mined even by low-level miners, forged by low-level smiths into weapons of steel in the FOH and worn by every villager. For now, it is the more relevant and useful metal in equipping the mist village and its allies. Only a handful of elites have a need for darkstone and as we have seen, a large army of well-equipped men are more useful than a small band of high-level adventurers.

For trading darkstone will fetch a nice price, but I think FOH steel weaponry will bring in far more due to quantity. Not to mention, selling darkstone weaponry to anyone except your closest allies are a bad idea. Even if Richter keeps enchanting every piece he can get close to, they still won't overturn the applecart, not with seven other forges in the parts of the river peninsula Krom knows about.

20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One problem with Darkstone is the reverence the Dwarves have for it. It would be perfect to sell as an ingot, but there might be an issue (sacrilege) to have anyone but the Dwarves work it (plus the are the only ones to know the nack). "The metal in this here blade would be enough for tribes to war over! In the mountains, only royal smiths or master smiths could even touch the stuff. Anything else would be against the law."