What is your favorite book in the The Land series... and why?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Benji Bigelow, Jan 25, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I missed it, I get that they need explaining, but explaining them again when things haven't changed since the last time is excessive.

A bad Amazon review because they couldn't keep track of "as level goes up exp needed goes up big numbers" shouldn't be the reason I no longer like the saying "a drop in the bucket" or "but [he/she/they] weren't alone".

Edit: A small index or prologue in the beginning could be used to go over basic world mechanics for things like exp, mana etc. Rather than shoe horning in things that break up the tempo later on.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  2. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also I do get the somewhat reexplaining but why not just tell what has changed?

3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 3 for the trading with Hafizes sons.. that trading was osom. And also a deal made for the magic core transformation into the forge.. dwarves working for free.

SnackBarbarian, Cire122 and Johan like this.
  4. Zinga

Zinga Level 4 (Warrior) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I loved seven, but if I'm being honest I think eight is my favorite. Sure there wasn't much progress and of course the poop chapter, but it felt like Ark Survival Online. Wich is a game that I love the concept of. Being dropped somewhere with nothing and giant mobs are chasing you and you have to scrounge for things to craft so you can survive.

The fact that he had to do EVERYTHING on his own and didn't have any one to lean on is intriguing to me.

I dunno, I'm sur that not many would agree with me, but that whole concept has always been crazy interesting to me.

Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.