What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bardo magic. Bardo being the place between death and rebirth in Asian beliefs. It’s the opposite and counter to life magic.

Magic spells to manifest material items or realities in the neverworld.

How about a magical ability that allows one to maneuver through the neverworld. Such as walking, floating, swimming, or flying.

The ability to see into the neverworld by first, second, or third person.

2. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Spacial magic. Masters can make the world look like an Escher painting, with all those stairs that make sense but not. The land needs non-Euclidean horrors running around f**cking with people.

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gravity enchantment for mega weapons. Control the weight of your own ridiculously oversized heldenhammer.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know it’s not really classic spell oriented but It’s more of a story plot. I would really like to see an evil summoner causing issues for the MV. Starting with small summonings and building up to the Summoner being flushed out. At that point major summonings for major issues. All we have seen so far are summons being used for creatures to fight on the behalf of the summoner. I would like to see them used in other ways. Anything from lookouts to spies. Perhaps we can see special hex’s made and carved into potion bottles so they can be summoned.

5. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not a spell at all but I’d like to see richter experiment with his stun shot and imbue arrow techniques, on other weapon types. I figure any ranged weapon will due for the imbue technique and weapon at all would due for stun technique. I Also think that he should experiment with enhancing his ki or magic infusions with almas connection. Aleron has repeatedly said that there are many ways to do things and infusing his melee weapons with psi-effects sounds like a winning goal.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Using Imbuement on Close Quarter Hand Weapons doesn't seem either Very Smart or Safe, but I did suggest to Aleron a few Years back that once Richters Imbuement Skill gets to a certain Level that he could start to Imbue other Ranged/Throwing Weapons. Weapons like Crossbow Bolts, smaller Throwing Javelins & Spears, Throwing Sticks & Boomerangs, Wooden Throwing Axe & Hammer Handles, Kendir Wrist Shot Ammo, ect. I suggested that the more bigger and the Metal on the Item the harder and more Unstable the Imbueing becomes. I thought that he might Learn to do this by trying to Imbue a Crossbow Bolt and accidentally Imbueing the Crossbow instead.

But Infusing a Weapon with Non-Explosive and directional effects (e.g. only effecting the Enemy) Psi Effects would be pretty good.

I would like to see Richter Learn to more Sub-Skills for his Hand Weapons, like say generic Shield Slam, Quick Weapon Thrust, Parry and Counter, Armour Assault (allows you to use your Armour to increase you Unarmed Attack), a Stun Attack for Blunt Weapons, Ki Clad Blade (slight increase in Sharpness for one strike), Ki Armour Clad (slightly Increases Armour Defence for one Hit for either Shield or Armour), Quick Dodge, True Aim (for Thrown Weapons), ect.

Maybe see some Spell Casting Sub-Skills as well.

If course I'd like to see Richter get some Weapon&Armour Summon Spells, both Weak but very versatile Mana Shaped Weapons&Armour&Shields that can take different shaped versions when summoned, and more regular Summoned Material Weapons like the Ice Dagger - Earth/Stone Hammer, Light Spear, Water Whip, Fire Sword, Dark Chain, Life Shield, Air/Lightning Bow, Death/Bone Armour, Blood Axe, ect.

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Having Richter take part in a Murder/Crime Investigation story might be interesting, especially if he can get some new Investigative/Tracking/Detection (Sub/)Skills, Spells and Alchemy Recipes.

8. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Imbue arrow isn’t richters only magic imbuement method the other is a spell. A spell that randy stated would eventually not need to be cast to use. Might be a rank perk but it might be something else as well. Subskill maybe.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Entrapment, stunning, banishment to pocket dimension only the caster can retrieve them from and other magical means of rendering people nonthreats would have a trillion uses. Both for military purpose, hunting, policing (especially adventurers) and clandestine activities.

10. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nice. Seems (in low ranks) like it should be a limited time kind of spell, in the Land at least, if used on enemies. Like a spatial magic novice might only manage 5 seconds. Still a lot of time for a quick reprieve, but not just instantly over powered.

11. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just a thought but pocket dimension magic like hysako used might be a subskill instead of a spell. Sacrifice x-number of mana regen to have y storage slots. Y= n x skill level or some such crap

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree but hopefully that will happen in Yves. That could tie in very nicely with him hunting for the Non humans sold on the black market.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not sure if all imbued weapons need to explode. Take for example a war hammer infused with earth magic. This makes me think about the dwarves weapon Ricther is holding out on. Like Thor’s hammer he could imbue the weapon and impart it’s energy on others, or even on the earth causing others to lose their footing. The right type of weapons could be imbued with fire, ice, or water magic. It might be the situation for some people that they can’t cast magic, enchant, or summon with their magic. Although they might be capable of imbuing items with their magic type by touch alone. Even though they are very limited by touch only it could greatly reduce the mana cost.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the idea of a hoop of holding or something like a lasso of holding. An item where creatures or people can be caught by a thrown item that works like a dimensional door. Even the ability to open a dimensional doorway could be used if cast in front of charging cavalry or running infantry. This makes me think of Doctor Strange. Even Wiley Coyote and the road runner used black spots the same way.

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds more like Shiething/Cladding/Coating a Weapon then Imbueing it. The way that Sprites Imbue their Arrows caused them to become Explosively Unstable that ends up with a Explosion, I suspect that pretty much all forms Imbuement are dangerously Unstable. Other forms of Imbuement might lead to a Burst (but not necessarily an Explosion) of Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, Gravity, Rocks, or harmful Dark, Light, Death Mana, & effects like Slow, Freeze, ect.

Non-Harmful Imbuements to the User that can be used safely up-close will likely be called things like Cladding/Coating/Shiething/Honed, ect, (Sub-Skills, Spells or other).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I see it as more of a mana blast. With a simple impulse of will pushing “flavored” mana through an item. Sprites indeed have the ability to some extent to do this. It’s more of a channeling of the energy into a focused point. Think of it as the end user completing an electrical circuit where they receive the energy discharge.

It hasn’t been stated what Sprite arrows are made from. It could be that like pushing to much mana into an item being enchanted during its forging. A material charged to the point of instability coming to a blunt end of impact. Might it be possible that an arrow made from the right material could hold the normal amount of mana placed in arrows without exploding on impact?

If so would a barbed arrow charged with lifemagic continue to do mana damage to a evildead beast?

17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I feel like it's just adding Force damage to a weapon. Arrows, spindly things that they are, shouldn't be able to hold as much force as is imbued into them. Thus, an explosion, held together by will until impact. Imbuing weapons in the same way should be able to handle more force, not unlimited obviously, but better made and designed weapons would be able to channel the excess force better. Hammers and maces would be ideal candidates from the outset, and swords would have to be very precise with how they strike. Stabbing weapons would probably use this better as a defensive technique to knock away enemy attacks.

Assuming you don't pump it so full that you lose an arm, recoil would be the big threat. To little and you're off balance while your enemy might be able to counter. Too much and you're ready to be made into a sausage from all your own weapon fragments. It would take a solid fighting style of its own to actually be advantageous and not a last resort "oh f**k" kind of technique.

18. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you treat a melee weapon the same way as your arrow then yeah it’s going to blow. If how ever you don’t just pump mana into it like a dumbass and instead tapped in to one of your magic types and lightly imbue your weapon. The shipwrights do something like this when making ships according to shiovana. Once successfull in putting a say death aura and effect on the blade, you take it a step farther and tap into the familiar bond.
    You would be making the weapon a part of yourself in a very real way By doing this. It would not be the same skill as imbue arrow and the thresholds would be different. You may need to gain this subskill per weapon type to account for the differences in weapons, or just as a check. You are may even blow up a weapon or two figuring it out, but I don’t see a reason such a skill wouldn’t exist. Just very rare due to the exploding weapon learn curve.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agre you wouldn’t want to charge it like an arrow. With an arrow you are charging it like a battery so it stores the energy. With a melee weapon you wouldn’t want to keep it charged. For one thing you would run out of mana faster. Virtually every parry of the sword would use up your magic. I think a master of the technique would instantly charge his weapons seconds before contact. Perhaps if using a dirk at the point it starts pierce the armor one might charge the dirk. After all it’s the unprotected flesh that you would want to discharge your imbued death magic into. It would definitely take a person with good timing and the ability to imbue a mana blast. They would definitely need to train by stabbing and striking straw dummies and logs.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think so. An item of life power on the other hand could have that precise effect.