What would you recomnend for a new reader?

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by lordnova, May 18, 2017.

1. NonAmus

NonAmus Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    Zone:
    central
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is free due to still being translated to date. Go to novelupdates.com and search it. It will provide links to each volume/chapter. The translations get rough around 20 but get much better quality around 25.

2. NonAmus

50%
    xp:
    Zone:
    central
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Left out the biggest part. It is not on Kindle. It is on novelupdates.com list for series. Just search for it. Novelupdates.com has a huge list of light novels being translated for free to reader and is pretty much the start of gamer novels and reincarnation novels.

3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm familiar with the Korean alphabet enough to puzzle out words phonetically, but I still don't have a clue to what those words mean.

I'm also limited to just my phone for Internet browsing and such currently, but thanks for letting me know where it's at for when I get back to a regular computer.

4. NonAmus

50%
    xp:
    Zone:
    central
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  5. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Problem is, most websites don't display text very well on mobile phones.

Edit to add: I am also patient and want the author to be paid for his work. I can wait until it's on a legit service instead of a fan translation, which are usually pretty terrible to begin with.

6. NonAmus

50%
    xp:
    Zone:
    central
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, damn. I am on my mobile phone and it is what is used to copy and display. Hopefully, you can find some kind of access.

7. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ^ see above edit.

8. NonAmus

50%
    xp:
    Zone:
    central
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not sure if it will ever be on a legit service. It is over 4 years old. The rough translations are only for a few volumes between 21 and 25. You will love the story so much you will suffer thru the lower quality to see what happens and then the quality of translation jumps back up to top notch.

9. NonAmus

50%
    xp:
    Zone:
    central
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Funny thing is the bad quality translation volumes happen when it was being translated by jawztranslations which is an author of a litrpg book on Amazon called Zectas. Zectas is a good, but could be better book series which is kind of similar to legendary moonlight sculptor. It is enjoyable.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  10. Nyarlanotep

Nyarlanotep Level 9 (Burgler) LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

54%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Central Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  11. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Most of us here say yes, but opinions vary.

Personally, I'd say so. That and Killobyte by Piers Anthony even.

RauthrMystic likes this.
  12. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can definitely recommend that one mainly because it does alot of new stuff and its the only book thats ever included an albeit short lived RTS LitRPG. But really its one of my favorites check it out if you ever get tired of LitRPGs being similar.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  13. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you like litRTS, try the World at War series, and the standalone (I think), Side Quest.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  14. Mil578

Mil578 Level 6 (Footpad) Beta Reader Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What's the best recommendation for books like Super Sales on Super Heroes, any of the books by Daniel Schinhofen, or Eden's Gate, with more mature themes like erotic or harem style?

Paul Bellow likes this.
  15. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wild Wasteland, The Valens Legacy, Alpha World, all have harems of varying degrees of explicitness. Erotica isn’t really my bag, I think @Eden Redd and @Alara Branwen could probably help you out more.

Mil578 and Paul Bellow like this.
  16. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

@Eden Redd ? @dj-schinhofen ? @William D. Arand? Any help for this kind reader who stumbled in?

Anyone?

[​IMG]

17. Mil578

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've read Valens and Alpha World. Love Daniel's work. I'll check out Wasteland next.

edit - Actually, I can't find anything called Wild Wasteland. I've found a book called Wasteland, but seems to be YA.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  18. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wild Wastes, sorry. You might also like the Dark Dungeon series (starts with Dungeon Spawned) - I didn’t, but again, erotica isn’t my cuppa. There’s also the Gamer Girl and Lewd Shadowmancer series, neither of which I’ve read so I can’t really recommend for or against them. Tamer: King of Dinosaurs might be up your alley, so would the Ancient Dreams trilogy by Benjamin Medrano (both of which might be too “tame” if you’re looking for wank bank material). The Daniel Black novels (starts with Fimbulwinter), by E. William Brown) are fantasy hardcore harem isekai without much in the way of actual LitRPG elements, but you might enjoy those.

Depends on whether you’re looking more for explicit scenes or RPG elements.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  19. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gives Hard LitRPG a whole new meaning.

[​IMG]

20. Mil578

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nah not looking for stroke stories, looking for books almost exactly like the ones I listed, not really hard core erotic, but not YA either. I'll look into all those you listed. Thank you.

Paul Bellow and CheshirePhoenix like this.