What would you recomnend for a new reader?

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by lordnova, May 18, 2017.

1. KJacks

KJacks Level 2 (Initiate) Citizen

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All of my litrpg experiences have been of the audio book variety. I discovered the genre about a two years ago & have been hooked ever since.
    Currently listening to New Game Minus: Changing Faces by Sarah Lin (fantasy): Villainous NPC becomes an adventurer

The Land: Chaos Seeds series by Aleron Kong (fantasy): I have made it through book V, The Swarm. Although the books have held my interest and I plan to continue the series, I find the humor either cornball or inappropriate.

Spells, Swords, & Stealth Series: NPCs #1 by Drew Hayes (fantasy): NPCs is the first book in the series. I loved the book &have downloaded books 2, 3 & 4 for later listening.

The Gam3 series by Cosimo Yap (scifi): Before I found litrpg, I mostly bounced between scifi & fantasy. Once I found litrpg, I was afraid to try the scifi route for some reason. I am glad I took the leap with this series. Having listened to books 1 and 2, I can't wait to dive into book 3, Sacrificial Pieces. The books are written well and an interesting departure from the standard fantasy level up system.

LitRPG Accidental Traveler Adventure: books 1-3 by Jamie Davis, C.J. Davis (fantasy): I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Having done so, I started the Accidental Champion Trilogy: Accidental Duelist book #1. I haven't hated a main character more since I read The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant years ago. The protagonist is shallow, belligerent, immature and completely unlikeable.

Everybody Loves Large Chests series by Neven Iliev (comedic fantasy): For adults, this was hilariously irreverent. I laughed until I cried a few times.

Other titles I enjoyed: Reborn by Luka Petrov, Altergame by Andrew Novak, First Login: Chronicle by Kevin Murphy, Limitless Lands by Dean Henegar, First Login: The World by Jason Cheek, The Two Week Curse: Ten Realms by Michael Chatfield, Advent: Red Mage by Xander Boyce (alien apocalypse) exciting start.

I could go on but this is a good start. I have listened to most of the others listed in this forum and would recommend them all as well.

P.S. I got several of my titles via Geek Bytes Podcast on Youtube (LitRPG Podcast ###)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Yuli Ban likes this.