Who has stories on Royal Road?

Discussion in 'Royal Road Legends' started by John Ward, Sep 21, 2017.

1. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Post links here. It doesn’t even have to be your own story. If you’ve found a story you love there, then please share that as well.

2. James T. Witherspoon

James T. Witherspoon Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jay, Paul Bellow and John Ward like this.
  3. Zakyrie

Zakyrie Level 5 (Veteran) LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I uploaded my first piece recently. And since this a new thread, is there a way to create a sticky note or thread @Paul Bellow that summarizes the discussion we had on the thread that started this?

I also think this is a good place to trade reviews and pair up as mutual 'Development Readers' - a type of beta reader that helps with plot and story structure - for those that are interested. I know I am interested in what authors with more experience (in writing and on RRL) have to say on my writing.

I can do pretty thorough critiques, so if anyone's interested in pairing up to trade notes and critiques on serial LitRPG, comment on my profile. Err, I think that's how it works around here right? Or you can PM me on RRL.

Jay, Ian Mitchell and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll move that thread over to this new forum.

You can comment on a thread or start a "Conversation" with other members. Up to you.

Also check out the @Beta Reader group. There's a Beta Reader thread too.

HTH!

Jay and John Ward like this.
  5. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  6. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yuli Ban, Jay and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Combination of things. Big one is I finished the first part of the story (sort of my characters origin story). Then I hit a big and now what?... I'm not done with it. From here out I'm telling a different story. Oh and seriously swamped with other life stuff. I think posting on RR is worth the effort. It took me a while before I was able to start on RR. To some degree I'm starting again on RR (considering taking the first part, filling and editing and publishing that as a separate novella. I'm still mushing around the pieces of who, what, where, why... And I'm sorely missing a villain or challenge for my MC to tackle. I'll take as long as I need, and then I'll start writing.

Yuli Ban, Jay, Paul Bellow and 2 others like this.
  8. Zakyrie

Zakyrie Level 5 (Veteran) LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know if this idea is a good idea or not. But @Ian Mitchell have you considered creating a fictional universe instead? Or doing character cross-overs from your other writing? While I've never heard of such a thing in practice, I'd love to have an author's permission to bring one of their characters, especially the MC or Villain into my world.

I have a little experiment I'm working on that I've considered turning into a Monthly series so as not to distract from the main one, where characters are taken from simulations of Earth (and fantastical variations of it) and placed in a game world to compete in various games.

It's based off of the idea that our reality (this one, the 'real one') could eventually reach a point where technology is so advanced each person can run a simulation of human history in their bedroom computer. And that's where my main characters are drawn, from these home-simulations that regular people use as a sandbox to cook up scenarios for their amusement.

9. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I went over the writing prompt from the forum here and damn, this might turn into something. Something very silly.
    High Steaks Game

Mainly posted it to get a feel for RRL and how it works.

Jay, Alexis Keane and Paul Bellow like this.
  10. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Cool!
    100% approval rate! Nice :)

Jay likes this.
  11. Stephen Roark

Stephen Roark Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is mine: Wellspring -- Call of Carrethen | Royal Road

Pretty happy with how it's going so far. I wish I'd continue gaining some ranking though. I've been posting a few chapters daily, and will be releasing the whole book on Amazon once my cover's finished.

12. Isaac

Isaac Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm just starting my book of RRL and it's probably the most fun I've had writing in a long while. It writes faster as well, I managed to exceed my estimate for the second chapter by over 1500 words... oops. It's called One Life. The basis of the story being the MC going full dive into a gaming world where the biggest rule is you only live once. No respawns but as long as you manage to stay alive in the game, they take care of your body in the real world. I'm having fun writing it and hopefully, its a fun read too! If you want to check it out, feel more than welcome.
    One Life | Royal Road

R.M. Soderlund and The Slayer like this.
  13. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not Royal Road, but Wattpad for me.

RJ Triveri and Incipere Online Books 1-3

Login Accepted is on Amazon minus the 10% mark.
    Hacked is in edits and will be removed once it's ready for sale.
    Fragment is currently being updated about once a week or more.

SIFS is a bunch of smaller parts to explain more about Incipere as a whole and doesn't affect the main stories.

14. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll be posting a couple there real soon. Possibly as soon as tomorrow in the case of Astral Falls.

15. Stephen Landry

Stephen Landry Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

92%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  16. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I want to ask about this.

I've been working on something but I work better with deadlines. Can you post things in a chapter format (and can you go back to edit it if you think something should be changed?)

I figure I could start putting up the first drafts and see how people receive it and if they're one of those that make no sense except to the author.... yeah it's turning into one of those rambly ones where concepts are made into anthropomorphic creatures like hope that twinkles in the dark, false hope that flashes it's wide grin and hopes you won't look at it too closely. And spells that each have their own personalities as they occupy the space for rent in your head. More space, more spells... though some tend to be the kind of tenant that walks the hallways nude, has a loud dog and steals your newspaper. Others burn the whole building down.

You'd think the buggers would work hard considering this is prime restate property and rent controlled to boot. I mean it's just one or two casts per day, not like the mages heads that just keep raising the rent until the little spells can no longer afford it and find their place almost immediately given to some snobby spell that's been taught in university and now thinks it's better than everyone. Probably rides a firebolt and has a sexy girlfriend with a loving creator that's been supportive of it from the very beginning.

What was I talking about again?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  17. Stephen Landry

92%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You can post chapters as well as notes the top and bottom of the chapter. Past chapters can also be edited. It’s a really great way to share and your idea sounds really great!

Yuli Ban likes this.
  18. Yuli Ban

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My first real hiccup is more that I don't have covers for my stories at the moment.

19. Stephen Landry

92%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Selfpubbookcovers .com has a lot of really good covers for sale and you can contact artists on deviantart. Never be afraid to reach out there are some great artists here as well.

R.M. Soderlund likes this.
  20. Yuli Ban

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid: