Who has stories on Royal Road?

Discussion in 'Royal Road Legends' started by John Ward, Sep 21, 2017.

1. David M Zahn

David M Zahn Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

6%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll tell you from my limited experience I have no idea how to boost attention on RR. I posted on here for people to check my story out but other than that I think the only "advertising" I got was the limited amount of time my new chapters would get when I posted them. I posted the chapters from my first book pretty fast like your every three day thing but now I'm only doing once a week on weekends for book 2 in my series (both are under the same novel on RR but marked as B1 or B2 before the chapter title). I think the biggest thing is just updating consistently which will get some people to follow you and rate your story, etc.

Post your story on here once you put it up on RR and I'll follow it and try to read it. Best of Luck!

Sarah Lin likes this.
  2. Sarah Lin

Sarah Lin Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks, and thanks for the input!

3. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 17 (Theurgist) Citizen

75%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Since you're familiar with the site I have a question.

I've been thinking about posting the first few chapters of something I'm working on (loosely Litgame) but when I looked at the site it seems as if all the ones on the top are... well, for lack of a better word sex baiting starved teenage boys... Which might not be my audience since I'm aiming for adults ^_^;

4. David M Zahn

David M Zahn Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

6%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven't read any other stories on their yet lol, but I will say my story is aimed at adults and while there are some immature sexual jokes in it I wouldn't call it young adult and it's doing fine as far as I can tell. I think if you post chapters you'll be fine if you're aiming for adults. Use your blurb to make it clear who the intended audience is.