Why does Randy want the node road to

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What i is as referencing was a discussion where I had mentioned a Dungeon layer with click clacks possibly being formed after the litch battle and all the absorbttion of dead. Which I was told that wasn’t possible due to th inability to create sentient beings in the dungeon.

I still hope that caulder finds his way back through the Kinder Sepulcher.

Speaking of the Sepulcher I think it might be more expedient for Ricther to possibly use the magic core on the Sepulcher with either his ring of summoning or the bone wand of dark magic focus. I think the wand increased his dark magic through its focus by nearly 20%. With the wand and the magic core used on the Sepulcher I would think it should really ramp up its summoning points. Then he could use the ring while summoning up the dead warriors. That would increase their level by Five. As bad as Ricther needs troops that should help.

He could still build his library. I really think he needs to start collecting some books first though. Other wise it will be like yeah I have read everything in that library. Really, that must have been a lot of books. Not really, it only has three.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which part?
    Book 7 Chapter 11 listen to the whole thing, please.

The unsafe safe room? Because Randy spells that out almost word for word.

The Powers driving the Avatars? Because that's literally the quote I posted to you in my previous post. "[T]he Dungeon had evolved to the point that each Power could manifest an Avatar, a physical embodiment of a Basic Element. In this case the Water ley line appeared as a powerful undine."

It even goes on to say that the king made a Vow to the manifestation of a Place of Power.

As far as creating sentience goes, the original argument was about things like humans, dwarves, elves etc. The Mauler is proof that there are relatively smart things that can be created by Dungeons in the Land, but I'm sticking with certain beings being off limits to the Dungeon's creation abilities. Skeletons/ undead sure, but no skills or professions.

As an aside, it was the Undine's spell, and only the Undine drawing the Vows from the adventurers, not the naiads. In this case (regardless of what they do in other lore or wherever the f**k else they appear) naiads are elementals spawned in the HoEH, so while they appear humanoid, they are most likely not "sentient" in that they would have skills or talents or whatever. Likely on par with the Dark Aberration. Highly intelligent, sure, but at the end of the day a "Monster".

Edit: Many

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon has unlocked neither the power of Death nor humanoids. Toolusing beasts were mentioned in book 7, they are probably sentient.

The ring would be an awesome cheat if it works. The only problem is that the undead have to be summoned in the palace. Which makes it useful in two locations, the village to boost summoned mist workers, in the palace to boost new skeletons.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    O I read your quote. I will go back and relisten to it again.

My only point is it was all made by the dungeon. Made Sentient enough to hear the king and to respond. It was sentient enough to converse with them all on some level of greater understanding. Not only did they communicate with them but one of them giving birth to the Kings child fashioned an oath for the king to swear.

I don’t ever recall anyone saying the dungeon would ever make elves or dwarves. I with no doubt or equivocation said I hope for a lair of skeletons. I might have even hoped for some mindless skeletons or goblins. I could even go with some mindless Orcs only wanting to kill and feed. Even armed zombies could satisfy my blood lust in the dungeon. Those types of mindless beings/monsters carry a totally different loot then what beast-men carry. Not to say beast-men won’t horde good items of treasure. I just don’t think beast-men would be wearing many rings, scrolls, higher end items, or armor.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, that was my thinking on the ring as well. It can work with his other summonings like the sapperlings.
    For Ricthers immediate needs the core placed into the sepulcher would have to be huge. I can’t think of anything better then the bone wand to help focus the magic there. I wonder how many more summoning points he would get a day?

What else would a core sepulcher of summoning offer besides numerous troops?

Maybe some war beast?

Mounted troops?

6. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No man or woman for that matter can ever be safe from their own stupidity. The ones that died killed themselves but not eating or drinking water because they were so enraptured. These were experienced dungeon adventurers they really thought there would be an easy booty call in a dungeon without consequences? Also there really wasn't a problem until the king's hubris came into play and he walked into the water and basically taunted the dungeon. Finally I think the Shambhala is safety from everything else in the dungeon.

Dragon and ShoughtLoud like this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The king's arrogant challenge of the naiad queen and his disgusting behavior towards the naiads was that brought down retribution. The consequenc was what could have been a pleasurable encounter where they would have played with a bunch of willing naiads instead became a trap.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not so sure about there not being a problem before the King made his boast.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it kinda is a trap. They were "captured" by naiads, a female-only nymph race. Most likely to sire the next generation of naiads, which means the naiads would want them to stick around for a while. Or permanently.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We really don’t know enough to say. I just doubt that a dungeon would spawn a group of females for adventurers to have a fling with. I just don’t see that as a desire for the dungeon unless it’s trying to collect Sperm? The so called trouble you say was started with the King making his challenge. I say it started when they stepped into the shambhala sham. I believe the Naiads were all a creation of the dungeon.

“One of the Kings men was so shocked he nearly drew his sword.”

If a booty call was normal for the shambhala why would the Kings man have been so shocked?

“Until she touched his face.”

Could be at her touch the enchantment became stronger and sank into him?

The king not satisfied with his men, Walked into the waters and made his boast.

“What is known is something heard the boastful call.”

That call had gone out after his men had been enchanted.

I think it was a setup from the beginning.

Randys Mother was said to have been created after the kings challenge.

In my eyes the dungeon committed the first attack by enchanting the kings men. I believe Ricther would see it the same way if some entity tried to charm him and all his men?

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They were in the labyrinth, not the Dungeon.

The naiads seem to be longterm labyrinth residents living in the shambala, not a creation of the moment. For them its actually a great place, they get to live in total safety and they can have their pick of powerful adventurers passing by. If they get hungry they can always leave the shambala and hunt in their other form.

RedzPeng and Captain BlackJack like this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or until the dungeon ate them?

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well i doubt its normal for a naiad tribe to have settled inside a shambala. Booty calls would not be standard.

Having spent weeks on a long journey through a combat zone fighting monsters they would be stressed out and ready to be attacked, especially after they were forced back into the labyrinth. Having a hot woman throw himself at him and touching him would have a certain distracting effect on most men. He almost killed her anyway but managed to stop himself from violating the shambala's protections.

No one asked the king to act like a chauvinistic swine. Imagine being on the other end of that display.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you say so. My understanding was that anything living there would actually become part of the dungeon. That was what I have gotten out of the story. Unless food was brought in from outside of the dungeon. Anything that constantly ate the “magic” of the labyrinth would become fixed to consuming that labyrinthian magical food. Without it you cannot survive.

I still say them being enchanted with a magical strike was an attack. Not a physical attack but still an attack in the shambhala.

15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why would the labyrinth eat them in a Shambala decreed by it as safe? For a dimension spanning entity with possibly trillions of Dungeons attached, being perceived as fundamentally honest would be far more advantageous than being perceived as a cheater. You catch more flies with honey and more adventurers will enter if they have a real shot at winning than if the game is rigged against them. Of course in the end the house always wins.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Anything born from a Dungeon or Labyrinth creature yes, they are creatures of magic that depend upon the power of the labyrinth to sustain them. We don't know what happens when someone chooses to live in the labyrinth.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    LMAO! :D:oops::rolleyes::)

Now I try my best not to point out things as I am a walking typing disaster of mistakes!

But.....

You said having a hot woman throw himself at him!

Lol

I would have been just as schooled and likely pulled my weapon!

That booty call would definitely not be the standard!!!!!

Drag, you just made my day. ;)

Dragon likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So would I. He is shocked by her approach XD

Naiads are not human, they are fey that rule freshwater areas, so expecting them to act as a human woman would is foolish - fey do as they please and care nothing for the behavioral standards of other races. According to most of the lore (5ed, path-finder) i've been reading naiads are usually chaotic good, and about the queens it was specifically said they diden't eat meat. Of course, this is Aleron's version of naiads and Randy has meat-eater teeth.

19. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. Every adventurer goes into the dungeon/labrynth for the booty. This was just a different form of booty. Males perfect sense as a stratedgy to lure people in. Plenty of opportunity for attack on the way in and out.

2. I could definitely see a dungeon powered by some sort of life energy item actually wanting sperm like richter' dungeon wants blood.. now its starting to seem like Richter's chaotic bloodstone might not have been the best option..[​IMG]

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It seems like this was talked about with the chickens hatching in the dungeon. The egg chamber part.