Why does Randy want the node road to

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. Lol your too funny.

2. No Ricther took the only choice he had. Remember it was all set up by the Chaotic Bloodstone. He did the right thing.

2. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay so back to my point. It was still a trap where the dungeons prodigy used magic to enchant the king and his men. The enchantment was only broken when some more of the Kings men found them in the shambhala. It is also stated the the labyrinth nor dungeons can cause any harm in the shambhala and it would bring a serious curse on anyone he killed or shed blood? In there? I need to go back to it again.

3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The naiads didn't have any part in the enchantment (aside from... Well. Being enchanting, but that's another magic altogether). The undine is the one who cast the enchantments and drew the vows from them.

4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The enchantment of being with supernaturally beautiful women and promising them the world.

The undine made it seem like the naiads had been pleasuring them for a month, but that did not interfere with their ability to choose. She merely showed them precisely what was being offered in return for staying. They freely chose to do so without coercion or undue influence (apart from wanting to get back to f**cking naiads). Hence

In the time they stayed there they experienced years of pleasure. They accepted that there would be a cost.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was no trap. Had the king said nothing instead of challenging the naiad queen the naiads would have toyed with the adventurers for a few days until they got pregnant or bored. After that the adventurers would be sent on their way. At worst one or two might have been kept around as willing pets for the tribe.

6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This does lead to the interesting question of what the heck Randy is.

Naiads are an all female race, they birth more naiads after finding lovers amongst other races. Not only is randy male, he is half-human. The Undine must have done something to bring that about.

7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Historically/Mythically speaking not all Nymphs(and assorted relatives) were Female, I I remember correctly the main Gods that created them made both Male and Female one's, it's just that the Female ones got Painted, Drawn, Sculpted and Mentioned a Lot more then the Males.
    It's just that in most modern Fantasy Stories they are depicted as being either an all Female Races or having very few Males.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Naiads were all female.

Naiad - Wikipedia

Dryads had males. They are called drus. But nearly all modern incarnations are all female, and frankly modern nymphs have very little to do with the greek version. Rarely are they as capricious and cruel for one.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Their was NO Naiad Queen. The Naiads started messing with the men as soon as they awoke and looked around.

The dungeons avatar that it created, the Undine cast the enchantment as it appeared as a Naiad.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They are nymphs and fey, of course they messed with the men who wandered into their home.

That does not make it a trap. Is there textev supporting the idea that they would have harmed the men without cause? Fey have warped sensibilities compared to humans, but naiads are usually chaotic good or chaotic neutral beings.
    Returning to an earlier point about the chickens, Roswan sacrificed one of them and when spawned more inside the Dungeon. That means they are fully Dungeon creatures. A naiad tribe that decides a shambala is a great place to live would be similar to adventurers that go on deep delves for weeks or months at a time. I'm not convinced they would be able to sustain themselves on Labyrinth magic nor that their children would gain the ability. Without that dependence they are not Labyrinth creatures

11. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Perhaps in an effort to have an heir that would see the dungeon as more than a way to make money/get items? Had there not been a vow randolphus could possibly be king right now.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok I could see that. So what is the second vow? The first one was to daddy, what about the second one? Could it be something the king swore to make Randolphus swear?

13. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The vow that he will not tell Richter about.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I need textual evidence that Roswan sacrificed a chicken.

I don’t believe that is what was said.

I think Ricther laughed at thinking Roswan dropped a chicken in the well of offering. He found the image comical. He didn’t actually witness Roswan doing it.

Plus, I believe it was clearly expressed that taking from the dungeon was dangerous. That is Randy warned Ricther of taking kills from the dungeon for their consumption. The dungeon reabsorbs all of the carcasses.

Roswan could have just as easily walked in the dungeons egg chamber with a chicken under his arm. That way he would get the benefits of the magical enhanced egg laying and faster growth. That way Roswan wouldn’t be cheating the Dungeon out of its on spawned birds.