Wow, this is overwhelming! Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by New2This, Jan 12, 2022.

1. New2This

New2This Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    To be perfectly frank I've never read a whole piece of litrpg (please don't sharpen those pitchforks yet, bc I do love the story side of DnD).

The big litrpg fan is my significant other and he is OBSESSED with the Cradle series. Because we avoid spending money on birthdays I figured I would take a stab at writing a litrpg for him instead.

I just didn't realize how many rules and tropes there were! I'm pretty stoked to have found this site after days of googling references and tips.

So.....yeah. I guess if you have any words of advice for what my will wight fan might enjoy reading I'm 10000% ready to take notes lol.

Ed White and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome. You missed our hayday by about 3 years, but glad you found us.

What type of games / books does your husband enjoy?

3. New2This

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks for responding despite my late entry onto this site! My partner had gone through Will Wight's Cradle about a gazillion times, but is also a big fan of the princess bride (who isn't?), Brandon Sanderson, Ready Player One, and Enders Game. His games run more video game than tabletop: warfare, Wow, minecraft. We both have some dnd experience and enjoy the cheesy YouTube movies about dnd.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The @Exiles will recommend The Land by Aleron Kong. The first few are great. It kinda wanders as the series goes on.

A more recent hit in 2021 was Dungeon Crawler Carl and He Who Fights With Monsters.

I've got my Tower of Gates series. You can grab Roguelike for free.

Good luck. And again, welcome. Maybe you will be the one in the prophecy who rekindles this site! ;)

[​IMG]

5. New2This

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeon Crawler Carl and Roguelike sound like great references. I'm thinking of writing a dunegon crawl for him as its a contained area and one of the few tropes he's said he enjoys. Thanks for pointing me to some starting points.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nice. Let us know how it goes!