Writers of the Future contestant (hopefully) here

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books' started by SamuelKKauffman, Jul 30, 2018.

1. SamuelKKauffman

SamuelKKauffman Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm currently writing for the Writers of the Future contest, mainly because I need experience sending in stuff for review by either an editor, a publisher, or whoever. It helps that the contest is free to enter, and has the prestige it does. In fact, it also helps that winning first through third places will net the winners $500-$1,000 at most each quarter, with first place winners getting a shot at $5,000 extra at the end of the calendar year.

Now, I don't want to break the rules and post a snippet here, just to be on the safe side... I read the rules before signing up, though I've yet to actually submit the entry just yet, due to it being incomplete. However, if the entry wins anything, I plan to actually publish this somewhere... preferably after extending it a fair bit.

So... comments?

Yuli Ban likes this.
  2. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aren't you a bit wary of the Scientology connections?

3. SamuelKKauffman

SamuelKKauffman Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, I'm wary of it possibly being related to Scientology, no doubt about that. I'm just making sure that I have a chance to get my name out there as a writer. Nothing more, nothing less, to be fair.

4. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good luck!

5. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Awesome. We'll miss you once you're assimilated.

Yuli Ban and Viergacht like this.
  6. SamuelKKauffman

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assimilated? What are you talking about?

7. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I may know a guy who knows a guy who does decent, cheap editing.

Maybe.

If, yanno, that's something you're interested in or whatever. If not it's cool, all cool man. Dude. Bro. Fella. We're all cool.

Viergacht likes this.
  8. SamuelKKauffman

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I appreciate the offer, @CheshirePhoenix, although I have a writing coach who's helping me with actually writing the story right now. However, I'll definitely keep your offer of knowing someone who knows someone open, so long as you keep it open as well.

9. SamuelKKauffman

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alright, finished the rough draft of the contest entry yesterday... which may have something to do with me not sleeping right now, for whatever reason. Now, all I need to have done is the first however many edits needed before the 30th of next month, and I'll be golden.