WOOT Yo... nominally Xamusel, unless when selling my writing to others

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SamuelKKauffman, May 15, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's not as well known as Drizzt, of course, but one could argue it's better in some ways? When authors start selling hundreds of thousands or even millions of copies, I have to wonder if they think about whether they could do the same with a new pen name. Didn't Stephen King's son start writing under a pseudonym?

I love how the forum's intro threads usually meander into something interesting. :)

2. SamuelKKauffman

SamuelKKauffman Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Y'know what? I think you may be right about that. :) I think it might be a good idea to look up that sort of thing.

And yes, this did meander into something interesting, for sure. I like how it did this, too.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Facebook has its pros and cons (as we've learned recently), but it's FAST. Always with the LATEST and GREATEST piece of this or that info or photo or meme or whatever.

Here, at LitRPG Forum, we can slow down and enjoy companionship and learning together. At least that's what I want to happen here...

Thanks for adding to the mix. :)

4. SamuelKKauffman

SamuelKKauffman Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are certainly welcome. :) I'm glad I could be here at all. :)

5. SideKarakterGendut

SideKarakterGendut Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

86%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Indonesia
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lots of interesting discussions in this forum that can be compiled for articles in litrpgreads.com, I notice. Topic like trademarks you guys talking about can become interesting subject btw.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  7. SamuelKKauffman

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thank you. :) I intend to enjoy this party. :)

8. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Greetings! Just wanted to drop it that, I'm also familiar with The Gamer. Caught it when I dropped back into reading manga and manhwa again. It's definitely Korean. they love their grind in the stories, greedy to the nth degree, and character levels that have *big* numbers involved. Really seems to be a stereotype of gamer characters there.
    I'm not really a major fan of power gamers, especially since it can blow a story off the rails faster than the western cliche of dynamite on the train tracks. I got my fill of that while reading the Korean novel Ark.

Paul Bellow likes this.