You know you have a problem WHEN....

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Wolfgarr, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Wolfgarr

Wolfgarr Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You know you have developed a problem when... You start asking yourself silly questions like George Carlin when reading a book.

Sample 1... Ben headed towards the Black Market to pick up....

And you stop and think... Is the market Black? What makes it Black? Is it always pitch dark in a black market? Would i even be able to see ? is there a time when it isn't black? Etc.........

Sample 2.. The arrow flew through the air..

The arrow flew? As apposed to walking? Is walking a option for arrows? How about jogging?
    The air.. What else would it be flying or jogging through? wood? chocolate marshmallows?

Sigh..This moment of hilarity/insanity is brought to you in memory of George Carlin.
    RIP The greatest comedian to ever have lived..

Paul Bellow and DJ Schinhofen like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He was great.

Wolfgarr likes this.
  3. Alara Branwen

Alara Branwen Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was kind of young when Carlin was taken from us. My mom introduced me to George and I fell in love with his comedy. I really loved some of the dark topics he would explore so brilliantly.

4. Wolfgarr

Wolfgarr Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    without George Carlin and Lenny Bruce championing freedom of speech and expression this country would be condieriably different. They are beacons of light in the blackness that was Decency laws and repression.

What amazes me is..Not many people understand just how much we (The US) owe to these two men.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Larakel

Larakel Level 14 (Defender) Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Newbie Island
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know who George Carlin was. Never heard of him. He sounds funny, though, from just this thread.

6. Larakel

Larakel Level 14 (Defender) Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Newbie Island
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The original post reminds me of a pancreatic cancer advert that's been on a lot of buses and billboards around here recently. It reads:

Help us stop one man from dying every hour.
    Every time I see it, I think to myself... that poor guy has the worst form of immortality.

Viergacht and Wolfgarr like this.
  7. Wolfgarr

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    when i read your post it made me bust out laughing so loudly it scared the shit out of my cat. He went running into the back room.

Your post also reminds me that every single time i see a pink ribbon or mention of breast cancer awareness the thought comes to mind. "What about a testicular cancer awareness ribbon?? Why isn't there such a thing? etc.."

edit...
    [​IMG]

Larakel likes this.